Friday, November 19, 2010

Find of the Month

My personal find of the month is a puzzle cache located in Hamilton, Ontario. The cache title only states a couple words and a number which is the clue. The cache was newly released so my geocaching partner and I went off in search of an FTF (new caches are becoming more scarce as winter begins to roll in). Upon our arrival we could not find anything at the GZ that would would point us in the direction of the cache. We even tried several times to add the number of a local by-law off a street sign to the number in the title of the cache. To no avail of course.

Finally I went inside the building by the GZ (a library/recreation center) and it hit me. The number was a Dewey decimal! Of course the library wasn't open until 10 am, so we had to wait it out (similar to something on the Amazing Race). Luckily no one else came and we made the FTF (6 month streak now). It was a great cache and my first FTF puzzle cache.

Got any stories to share?
*Note I'm not naming the cache because it could spoil it for others

No comments:

Post a Comment