Monday, May 30, 2011

Geocaching Bucket List

Here are some of my top goals:
  • Find 10,000 Caches
  • Go to a Megaevent
  • Complete the Geocaching Triad (APE cache, HQ and Original Stash)
  • Find both remaining APE caches
  • Find a cache on all 7 continents
  • Find a cache near all 14 wonders of the world (natural and man-made)
  • Find a cache in 50 different countries
  • Go to an event in a foreign country
  • Get a cache in every state of the US
  • Get a cache in every province of Canada
  • Find a true 5x5 cache
  • Do a scuba diving cache
  • Get the ISS cache!
  • Fill out my Difficulty/Terrain Rating Chart
  • Fill out my Date Chart
    What about you? Do you have any big geocaching dreams?

    2 comments:

    1. Hi Stinger503,

      I love the fact your setting goals for yourself. I have thought about this a few times and wondered what goals I could set myself.

      For this year I have a goal to find 100 caches. I currently have 46 so I need another 4 before the end of June to hit half by half a year. I know its not a massive task but I don't find as much time as I would like to go caching.

      I also like the new stats pages on Geocaching.com and would like to fill my Difficulty/Terrain chart. Out of the 81 different combinations I only have 18, but this is a lifelong task.

      I would like to cache on every day of the year (again from stats page).

      I would like to cache in every county in England. There are 48.

      I would love to become an Earthcache Platinum Master. The levels are:
      Bronze: Logged 3 Earthcaches in 2 or more States/Countries
      Silver: Logged 6 Earthcaches in 3 or more States/Countries and created 1 Earthcache
      Gold: Logged 12 Earthcaches in 4 or more States/Countries and created 2 Earthcache
      Platinum: Logged 20 Earthcaches in 5 or more States/Countries and created 3 Earthcache.

      I really love the 14 wonders of the world one that you have put so I am going to steal that one as well.

      At my current rate I don't think I will manage 10,000 so I would be happy going with about 2,500 maybe pushing that to 3,000 but I will keep that one open for change.

      I think I need to do a proper list sometime. I am a lover of stats!

      Oh and just out of interest what is the Geocaching Triad?

      Cheers
      Fermi

      ReplyDelete
    2. Those are all really great ones (I'm stealing the Date and D/T Charts ;) )
      The Triad is finding the APE cache, the Groundspeak HQ and the Original Stash (all located in Washington). Groundspeak made a neat video about it: http://youtu.be/YwPHWb6az-Y

      ReplyDelete